[Mailman-Users] can I use text box for real names for a different purpose

Christina Endemann c.endemann at fsc.org
Thu Feb 16 05:47:14 EST 2017

Dear all,

The users of our mailing list don't use their personal accounts for the mailing list, and don't work with commands, like requesting the list of members.
In that case, can I use the text field in the membership list which is provided for real names for a different purpose?

The reason  is that only certain groups are entitled to use our mailing lists. I would like to use that text field to specify to which group that person belongs, e.g. the company name.

Thanks in advance,

Christina

Christina Endemann
Quality Assurance Officer