[Mailman-Users] Mac OSX Sierra and Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 9 10:29:13 EST 2017

On 02/09/2017 05:05 AM, William H. Magill wrote:
> I’m looking for anyone who is using Mailman on OSX Sierra.
>
> The MacPorts installation has no obvious problems.
>
> The issue, however, is logging. OSX Sierra uses Apples now Unified Logging system, therefore the normal syslog based log files do not exist.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to find Mailman messags in the Unified Log.

I'm not sure about the MacPorts Mailman, but in general, Mailman doesn't
use syslog. It writes its logs to it's own logs directiory. Mailman's
log files are named bounce, error, fromusenet, locks, mischief, post,
qrunner, smtp, smtp-failure, subscribe and vette, although some of these
may not exist if they've never been written. Look for files of those
names in Mailman's hierarchy, although some packages put them in
/var/log/mailman or similar.