[Mailman-Users] importing large (1GB) mbox file, hitting a wall here..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 29 15:30:55 EST 2017

On 12/29/2017 09:51 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> It looks like we have a bug somewhere. There may be a defective message
> in the .mbox, but even so, it should result in a more graceful error report.
>
> Did you get a traceback with the "unexpected keyword argument"
> exception. I would like to see a traceback and if possible, the
> offending message.

Never mind. The use of the flags= argument in re.sub was introduced in
Mailman 2.1.22 and requires Python 2.7.

The exception will occur with Python older than 2.7.x when attempting to
archive a message with no valid Date: header and no valid

I have updated the FAQs at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030629> and
<https://wiki.list.org/x/876> to note this requirement.

I have also attached a patch to Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py that will
allow it to work with older Python.