[Mailman-Users] Yahoo problems again

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 21 19:18:18 EST 2017

On 12/21/2017 03:14 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
> I'm running a CPanel version of mailman.
> I've been seeing a lot of the following errors of mostly yahoo.com users
> but a few other providers as well.

This is a Yahoo glitch. They are reporting a bogus reason for a list
message to a Yahoo address that doesn't exist. See
<https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Delivery-errors-5xx-and-421/554-delivery-error-dd-Requested-mail-action-aborted-mta1240-mail/td-p/382749>

> And also, I just had a yahoo user try
> to send something to the list and he was completely blocked:
>
> "From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon at server.nomekennelclub.com>
> Date: December 21, 2017 at 10:55:27 AM AKST
> To: yyyy at yahoo.com
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

> me at dorydesign.com
>    (generated from nomeannounce at nomekennelclub.com)
>    host mx1.arandomserver.com [208.43.240.3]
>    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>    550 High probability of spam
>

> Action: failed
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;me at dorydesign.com
> Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.arandomserver.com
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 High probability of spam
> "

It appears that spam detection software on your list's server is
rejecting this message as spam.