[Mailman-Users] Rejecting all addresses from a particular domain ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 19 01:14:05 EST 2017

On 12/18/2017 04:42 PM, John Fitzsimons wrote:

> I want to automatically discard all non-subscribers who attempt to
> subscribe from the .ua domain (Ukraine ?)
>
> In other words, what do I put in "List of non-member addresses whose
> postings will be automatically discarded" ?

Do you want to prevent subscription or just discard attempted posts?

The regexp you want is

^.*\.ua$

which will match any address ending in '.ua'. If you put that in
discard_these_monmembers (List of non-member addresses whose postings
will be automatically discarded.), that will automatically discard any
list post from a nonmember address that ends with .ua, but it will do
nothing about attempted subscriptions.

To prevent such addresses from subscribing, put the same regexp in
Privacy options... -> Subscription rules -> ban_list (List of addresses
which are banned from membership in this mailing list.)