[Mailman-Users] Suppress new incoming messages, but able to view private archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 1 14:41:54 EST 2017

On 11/30/2017 08:29 AM, Dang Tran wrote:

> Can I set up a subscriber so that s/he has access to the archives (private), but does not receive messages?  Another word – suppress new incoming message, only be able to view archives.

Set her subscription to no mail. A list admin can do this on the web
admin membership list by checking the 'nomail' box or it can be done by
the user or a list admin from the user's options page by setting 'Mail
delivery' to 'Disabled'. See
<https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%202.1%20Members%20Manual#A7.1_How_do_I_turn_mail_delivery_on_or_off.3F_.28delivery_option.29>.