[Mailman-Users] Errors while sending mail: centos + mailman + postfix

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 10 16:26:25 EDT 2017

On 08/09/2017 10:17 AM, Dr. Alberto Barengols wrote:

>  I had create a list ( cod3 at listas.pccorreo.com.ar ), and everything
> went right.
>
> But when I send a message to this list it appears some errors:

> <cod3 at listas.pccorreo.com.ar>: Command died with status 5:
>     "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman". Command output: Usage:
>     /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman program [args...]
>
> <post at listas.pccorreo.com.ar> (expanded from
> <cod3 at listas.pccorreo.com.ar>):
>     unknown user: "post"
>
> <cod3 at listas.pccorreo.com.ar>: unknown user: "cod3"

You really need to configure Mailman Postfix integration for automatic
alias generation. See
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html>.

That said, you have aliases like

cod3: |/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post cod3

They need to be quoted as

cod3: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post cod3"