[Mailman-Users] Customize "From" when munging it for DMARC?

Jordan Brown mailman at jordan.maileater.net
Mon Aug 7 12:43:50 EDT 2017

On 8/6/2017 11:36 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Unfortunately, you can assume that the large freemail services do not
> care what you think.

Yep.

50% :-)
50% :-(

> I'm not sure why they've all gone substantially
> downhill in the last decade, but they have.  Probably they get
> complaints and feel they have to "do something, anything" about them.

Sometimes I think they're trying to drive everybody to Facebook.

> That said, I don't know if it's a useful option for you, but one
> possibility would be to set reply-to to the list as well as using one
> of the munge_from settings.  Because munge_from has the effect of
> hiding the author's address, it also places the author's address in
> the reply-to, even if the list is already there.

Alas, no.  I've seen too many messages intended to be private sent to
the entire list with that configuration; I would never use it.  (I've
boycotted lists simply because they insisted on that configuration.)

Thanks.