[Mailman-Users] owner-list change

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 15 23:30:39 EDT 2017

On 04/15/2017 09:23 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 04/12/2017 10:54 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> If you're looking at an alias like
>>
>> mailman-owner:       "|/path/to/mail/mailman owner mailman"
>>
>> you can change the "mailman-owner" part to anything you want.
>>
>> If you are also looking at virtual mappings, you need to tweak them too.
>>

> When you use genaliases it changes everything back.  How can I generate
> the db file?  postmaps doesn't work

See below:

On 04/15/2017 09:27 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 04/12/2017 10:54 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> If you are also looking at virtual mappings, you need to tweak them too.
>
> where are those?

Since genaliases actually changes your aliases, I assume you are using
Mailman-postfix integration as described at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html>.

To generate the aliases.db file without running genaliases, the command
is 'postalias', not 'postmap'

Iv you are using virtual mappings, you will have some setting for
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS in mm_cfg.py, there will be
virtual-mailman(.db) file in Mailman's data/ directory along with the
aliases(.db) files and there will be a reference to data/virtual-mailman
in Postfix virtual_alias_maps. See
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>.

Note: if you have virtual-mailman(.db) files and want to update the .db
without running genaliases, the command here is 'postmap'

Also note that you could arrange for genaliases to generate the things
you want, but that requires modifying the makealiases function in
Mailman/MTA/Utils.py to return the aliases you want.