[Mailman-Users] Bad Confirmation String to cancel Message that was too large.

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:36:44 EDT 2017

Thanks Mark.  No Luck. :( Comments inline

On 3 April 2017 at 10:59, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 04/03/2017 07:18 AM, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

>> I tried sending a large email to test and the confirmation string worked for me.
<snip>
>> The confirmation string from the email is:
>> 93321f4b6ef46ce0148f5da147bda4c02a63f5c7
>

> The confirmation string is the token in the pending database for the
> entry for this held message. There is a script at
> <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> (mirrored at
> <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_pending>) that can be used
> to dump the pending database.

I don't see the confirmation string in the list's db even though I
still see the email in held moderation queue.

It's actually weird. There are 6 messages that are held in the db, but
only 2 in the moderation queue

> One possibility is the user's MUA which is rendering the confirmation
> URL as 'clickable' is not linking to the correct URL.

> response that the string is actually the exact 40 character string from
> the email. What happens if the user clicks "re-enter" in the "Otherwise,
> re-enter your confirmation string." line and enters the exact 40
> character string from the email?

There was no line wrapping that I could see. They forwarded the email
to me, and when I click the link, it returns the 40 character string
that isn't in the db.

Is there anything else I can check, or should I write this one off as
an anomoly?

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "What a great ride!"