[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2 and 3

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 1 22:28:39 EDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 08:35 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Interesting.  I know there's a pretty clear division between components in 3;
>> can the web interface run on a separate machine and point to a remote
>> instance of Mailman?
>
> Yep!  It's somewhat important to keep in mind that the REST API of Core is a
> fully administrative API.  It can be protected by some basic auth secrets, but
> nothing more than that, so just make sure that the Core REST API isn't
> published on some public IP address and you should be fine.

   Ok, very interesting.  Thank you for the explanation.  Running the
management code on a different system is something I could probably make
myself swallow.  I'll have to decide at some point if the additional
coolness of 3 is worth that hassle.  From what I've seen so far, it may
very well be.  With the exception of the Node.js silliness, Mailman
appears to be moving in a very good direction.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA