[Mailman-Users] problems linking to successive chunks of addresses in admin user search

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 28 20:11:13 EDT 2016

On 09/28/2016 04:58 PM, willi uebelherr wrote:
>> ,,,
>> You could, but it isn't necessary.
>
> Dear
>
> i follow your discussion with Christopher. Your short answer " it
> isn't necessary". Can you explain this?

He asked if he should apply the patch to the source directory. My answer
was intended to say he could, but if he did, he would then need to rerun
'configure' and 'make install'. While that is one way to do it and would
ensure that if 'make install' were run in the future, it wouldn't
reverse the patch, it isn't necessary to do that. It is sufficient to
just apply the patch directly to the installed Mailman.