[Mailman-Users] suppress the "an html attachment was scrubbed" message in digests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 27 18:41:18 EDT 2016

On 09/27/2016 02:51 PM, Matt Morgan wrote:
> Can I suppress the
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> bit that's showing up in my digests? Or can I do something that cuts out
> the HTML before the scrubbing is necessary?

In the list's Content filtering section, be sure that filter_content is
Yes and convert_html_to plaintext is Yes.

In Addition, I recommend the following:

pass_mime:types:
    multipart
    message/rfc822
    text/plain
    text/html

collapse_alternatives: Yes

Although you could also omit text/html from pass_mime:types in which
case an HTML only message without a text/plain alternative will be
handled per filter_action instead of being converted to plain text by
HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND  the default for which is '/usr/bin/lynx -dump'