[Mailman-Users] Further to "Need Help with Mailman Mail Delivery"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 27 12:02:57 EDT 2016

On 09/27/2016 08:20 AM, Chuck Weinstock wrote:
> Ok, there were a whole bunch of lock files that I cleared and now I can
> access the admin page.

OK.

> The shunt directory contains 591 different lines of the form:
>
> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman   1196 Sep 26 20:25
> 1474919192.85809+72fc7bd3e80b280fe5def1b842936d832e60126f.pck
>
> All from around the same time.
>
> The other two directories are empty.
>
> Applying dumpdb to a few of them I see that they are each spam. (No
> indication of corruption that I can see.)

Maybe you were hit with a massive spam attack and that triggered
something that caused the qrunners to die, but there normally would also
be error log messages. Did you check for a rotated log?

If these are older shunt entries (before you reinstalled), possibly
there was a permissions issue at that time that prevented writing the
error log and maybe caused other issues. The one you posted had a
received time from last Thursday, 22 Sept.

The spam message entries in the shunt queue can just be deleted.