[Mailman-Users] Further to "Need Help with Mailman Mail Delivery"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 27 11:06:26 EDT 2016

On 09/27/2016 07:54 AM, Chuck Weinstock wrote:

> One thing I noticed is that there was no locks directory anywhere in the
> installation. Is this normal? (Places I looked: /var/lib/mailman
> /usr/lib/mailman and /etc/mailman.)

Your mailman locks directory is /var/lock/mailman/. See
<https://wiki.list.org/x/8486953>.

I suspect the problem with the CGIs has to do with the qrunners being
KILLed and leaving the list locked.

That still doesn't explain why the qrunners are being SIGKILLed.

Is there anything in /var/spool/mailman/shunt, /var/spool/mailman/retry
or /var/spool/mailman/in?

If so, what does Mailman's 'bin/dumpdb -p' produce on those files? I'm
looking for some kind of message corruption and also the metadata.