[Mailman-Users] Status of sibling lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 15 16:40:45 EDT 2016

On 09/15/2016 01:00 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I'm running Mailman 2.1.18-1 on a server here. I'm setting up
> announcement only lists for an organization which logically needs
> several sibling lists under an umbrella list. I did a Google search for
> Mailman and sibling lists and most of the information I turned up is
> years out of date and I'm wondering if any progress has been made on
> this front.  Here are some considerations.

This post was garbled with multiple insertions of the same text in
random places.

It is also confusing to me because I am unable to determine always
whether it is referring to an umbrella list as a list whose members are
other lists (the actual definition) or a list with regular_include_lists
set up as a pseudo umbrella list.

Please repost without the multiple text insertions and with
clarification as to what the intended list configuration is.

Also, when referring to wiki articles, the TinyURL (e.g.
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030540>) is much preferred to a URL like
<https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20is%20an%20Umbrella%20list%20-%20and%20why%20doesn%27t%20it%20do%20what%20I%20want%3F?action=TinyURL>