[Mailman-Users] mailman not respecting /etc/postfix/transport ???

Steve Wehr steve at tunedinweb.com
Sun Sep 11 10:30:39 EDT 2016

Hi Mark -- I think it is fixed....

I updated /etc/postfix/main.cf with
local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps $transport_maps

Then I sent out a mailing from a test mailing list I have that includes my
email address -- steve at tunedinweb.com. --> I received this mailing. YEAH!

I did look in /etc/passwd and /etc/aliases... and did find "tunedin" in
/etc/passwd, so is that why Mailman was able to deliver to
tunedin at tunedinweb.com ?? (I didn't find any of the other email addresses
listed in /etc/postfix/transport in either of those files, so I don't know
why some of those passed the telnet test and others did not)

FYI... steve at tunedinweb.com now passes the telnet test:

telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 tunedinweb.com ESMTP Postfix