[Mailman-Users] A quick question about slicing outgoing qrunner

Chris Nulk cnulk at scu.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:53:58 EDT 2016

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information.  I plan on looking at the MTA.
Unfortunately, when we migrated Mailman to a new server, I don't have
the same abilities to effect changes as I did on the old server.  The
server is now managed by a different group and I just run an
"application" on their server.  Makes identifying and fixing problems a
major pain in ...

No problem setting the number of queues to a power of two.  I used 3 as
an example.  Thanks for you input, Barry, for clarifying it.

Jim, the settings you are using look interesting.  I will have to think
on it.

The biggest issue I have right now is modifications to the MTA.  We are
using sendmail (it was used on the old server).     When we migrated
Mailman to the new server, I had to help them setup sendmail since I set
it up on the old server.  The admins don't know sendmail or postfix
except on a very minimal level.  It is not part of their normal
responsibilities.

Anyone willing to take this off-list and help me figure out how to
switch from sendmail to postfix?  Every time I have tried postfix, it
has ended very miserably. :)

Thanks,
Chris