[Mailman-Users] Automate Moderator Functions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 3 12:00:43 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 01:45 PM, Andre de Azevedo Cunha wrote:

> i`m trying to reject messages bigger then MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE.
>
> I configured my Hold.py was described bellow:
>
> replaced
>
>              hold_for_approval(mlist, msg, msgdata,
> _
> MessageTooBig(bodylen,_mlist.max_message_size))
>
> with
>
>              rej = MessageTooBig(bodylen, mlist.max_message_size)
> _             raise Errors.RejectMessage, rej.reason_notice_
>
> The message was rejected, but the sender dont receive any notify about
> that. The mailman vette log too. How can i solve this?

Logging for rejected messages was added in 2.1.16. See
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1068837>. Prior to that, there
won't be a vette log entry.

I don't know why there isn't a notice to the user. Is there anything in
Mailman's error log?

As a test, add some nonmember address to the list's
reject_these_nonmembers and send a post from that address. Does that
receive a rejection notice?