[Mailman-Users] Migrating Mailman to New Server (Same Domain)

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Oct 24 14:48:07 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 17:49 +0000, Jewel Brueggeman-Makda wrote:
> There are different versions of python, so I will stick to only
> copying the lists and archives directories.  What about copying the
> data directory?  I read that this was important too.

The "list" and its per-list data are all contained, in modern
installations of Mailman, in the files in /var/lib/mailman/lists. The
files in /var/lib/mailman/data are per-site config. If you set up a
working copy of Mailman to which to migrate your lists then this
directory will already be properly populated.

So what you need to migrate, for each list, are these these two
directories:

/var/lib/mailman/lists/<listname>
/var/lib/mailman/archive/private/<listname>

If your list archives are to be public, you'll need to make a symbolic
link for each list in /var/lib/mailman/archive/public to the list
archive directory in /var/lib/mailman/archive/private

If you don't want your archives to be public, don't make this symbolic
link.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."