[Mailman-Users] Start qrunner on ElCapitan (MacOS X Server)

Matthias Schmidt beta at admilon.net
Wed Oct 19 05:51:10 EDT 2016

Mark,

> Am 19.10.2016 um 13:04 schrieb Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:
>
> On 10/18/2016 07:39 AM, Matthias Schmidt via Mailman-Users wrote:
>>
>> the -s option should fix that problem ;-)
>

> If it can determine that the lock is stale.
>

>> but if mailman is started as local then -s doesn’t remove a stray pid file.
>

> What do you mean by “if mailman is started as local"?

oh I had that before, it was starting as localhost, that was at least the message.

Now I get in the system log:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.mailman): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

and after that I get:
The master qrunner lock could not be acquired because it appears as if another
master qrunner is already running.
in mailman’s error log

after unloading the plist and running mailmanctl -s start again, I get the same error as output.
When I delete these 2 lock files and run mailmanctl start as sudo all is fine.

So starting mailman manually is not a problem.
I just don’t get it started via a plist with launchd.

I also created a  script like this and pointed the plist to the script:
#!/bin/sh
function fstartup()
{
    /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s start
}
function fshutdown()
{
    /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl stop
    tail -f /dev/null &
	wait $!
}

trap fshutdown SIGTERM
trap fshutdown SIGKILL
fstartup;

this seams to do nothing at all …at least there’s nothing in the logs.

cheers
Matthias