[Mailman-Users] DMARC-related bounces due to AOL sender; from_is_list or anonymous_list?

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:53:15 EST 2016

On one of our lists, we are recently getting a lot of bounces related to
AOL's DMARC policy. We're probably getting them on all our lists, actually,
it's just that this list had a pretty stiff bounce-disabling config, so we
noticed it more there.

I understand that my choices for fixing this are either from_is_list or
anonymous_list, and since this is an old server (2.1.12) that I recently
took over (I have to stop using that excuse soon, I know), I can't do
from_is_list.

I need to update desperately. In other recent discussions, though, I seen
that Microsoft in particular is starting to make trouble even with
from_is_list, i.e., when the sender and reply-to don't match, with the
expectation being that one day their warnings will become rejections.

In that light, should I just be moving to anonymous_list anyway? Training
users to identify themselves in the body of their messages seems like the
potential big issue there. Anything else?

Thanks,
Matt