[Mailman-Users] Changing MTAs on Mailman box

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 21 21:31:22 EST 2016

On 11/21/2016 03:47 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Bryan Carbonnell writes:
>
>  > Is there anything on the Mailman side that I need to do after the
>  > change?

> Mark S. may have further advice, but I'm sufficiently confident that I
> recommend that you just get started. :-)

The first question is how does your sendmail deliver to Mailman. The
"normal" configuration uses aliases which are maintained manually as
lists are created and deleted.

If you have a set of Mailman aliases in, e.g., /etc/aliases, You may not
need to do anything and things may work fine, but it is also possible
you will get "group mismatch errors" from Mailman's mail wrapper.

You can set up Mailman/Postfix integration. To do that, you should do
the generic Postfix things at
<http://list.org/mailman-install/node12.html> and the integration
specific things at
<http://list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html>.

In addition if you have lists in Postfix virtual domains you need to do
the things in <http://list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>.

But you can ignore all that and continue to do aliases as you've done
for Sendmail.

If you have further questions, pleas tell us how Sendmail is currently
delivering to Mailman, and if via aliases, how those are generated.