[Mailman-Users] Digest option - only get 1 email for all posts in a day?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 18 12:07:14 EST 2016

On 11/17/2016 08:37 AM, Sandeep wrote:

> It appears that digest mode only batches a set number of emails together
> (5) in a single digest. So, if a mailing list I am subscribed to, gets 20
> posts in a day, I get 4 emails. Is there a way for me as a subscriber to
> get 1 digest email per day, containing all the posts for that day?

As a list member, there's nothing you can do to affect when digests are
sent.

Digests are never sent based on the number of messages they contain.
They are sent periodically (default daily) and/or when they reach a
certain size (number of Kbytes, not number of messages).

The list admin can control both the size and the periodic sending
through these settings:

How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out? 0 implies no
maximum size.
(Edit digest_size_threshhold)

Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't reached?
(Edit digest_send_periodic)

The periodic (daily) sending is done by a cron job so the frequency and
timing of the periodic digest is controlled by the site admins. It
defaults to noon daily (server local time).