[Mailman-Users] Expressions to reduce spam

D L Josephson dlj04 at josephson.com
Sun Nov 13 18:08:37 EST 2016

On 11/13/16 2:17 PM, Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

> Now I need one more.  Addresses that end in X.  For example, I get
> TONS of attempted posts to one of my lists from the top level domain
> top.  They’re 100% spam and the domain names are completely different
> and random.  Nothing I tried works.  I haven’t kept track of all my
> attempts so I can’t tell you what they are.  My latest failure is:

We implement junk-domain filtering ahead of Mailman. No reason to let a
message get any further in your server than it has to. We use iptables
to block connections from IP address ranges in countries where we know
we have no users, and then a minimal spamassassin installation to filter
top level domains and other 100% junk senders. This makes Mailman's job
a lot easier.