[Mailman-Users] mailman sending password reminders to members no longer subscribed

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 2 10:11:20 EDT 2016

On 11/01/2016 07:48 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
> I've gotten a couple complaints today from ex-members on our subscription
> only mailman list after they received password reminders. They are not
> subscribed, so I can't honor their request to be removed from the mailing
> list.

You need to see the reminder. It will have the member's subscribed
address and the URL of the member's options page. If these are as you
expect including host and list name in the URL, you need to see the
Recevied: header chain in the notice to see what server sent the notice.
There may still be a prior incarnation of the list on another Mailman
installation on the current or a prior host machine that sent the notice.