[Mailman-Users] Getting Yahoo to accept Mailman list messages

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Sat May 28 15:44:10 EDT 2016

Hi all

I got an error message below from Yahoo:

> xxxxxxxxx at yahoo.com
> host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net [63.250.192.46]
> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
> 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See
> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html
> xxxxxxxxxxxxx at yahoo.com
> host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net [63.250.192.46]
> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
> 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See
> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html
I asked the provider and here is his answer (which does not help me too
much since I have not sufficient knowledge about these techniques):

> Hi Christian,
>
> The messages were rejected because they weren't properly
> authenticated. By default, all outgoing messages from xxxx.ch are DKIM
> and SPF authenticated. Not sure about the mailing list messages,
> though. Perhaps the Mailman needs authentication on its own.
This is a cPanel (56.0.21) installation of Mailman 2.1.20.

I have looked into the list settings but did not find anything about
DKIM or SPF, and I also did not really understand the explanations in
<https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DKIM>. And also, I did not find any settings
for DKIM or SPF in the list administration pages.

Any ideas are most welcome!

Thank you, Christian

--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org