[Mailman-Users] Remove someone from list of lists but not from child lists?

Ryan Stasel rstasel at uoregon.edu
Fri May 27 15:40:40 EDT 2016

> So, as long as you don't have things like @child_listname in the
> "everyone" list's accept_these_nonmembers, you can just remove the
> problem posters from that setting and their posts will then be handled
> according to generic_nonmember_action.
>
> They will still receive posts to "everyone" via their
> regular_include_lists membership and will still be able to post to their
> lists of which they are members, but not to the "everyone" list.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, it’s not wanting to remove problem posters, sadly, that’s not currently an option. The question is can I remove people from receiving emails to the everyone list, but NOT remove them from the child lists they’re on. I’m guessing the answer is “no” without converting the “everyone” list over to just a normal list of users, as opposed to a list of lists.

Does that make sense? Basically, people want to opt-out of the everyone list.

-Ryan Stasel