[Mailman-Users] per-list email at munging?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 24 17:47:48 EDT 2016

I just set up some mailman lists for commit archives.  I'd like to avoid
the "@" -> " at " munging for them (at least in the bodies, though also
in the headers is fine/expected), while retaining that minimal munging
for the other lists on the server.

Looking at HyperArch.py (and Defaults.py), it seems
ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS is server-wide.  Any viable way to make it
per-list?  I couldn't find anything in web searches or at
http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~msapiro/scripts/ but always easy to miss stuff.

It's not so much that I myself think the " at " munging is so
wonderfully effective at antispam, but I feel sure that if I turn it off
now, my users will complain vociferously and constantly.  Such is life.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. It seems the original author (Richard Barrett) offered to make it
per-list back in 2003 but no one asked for it :).
https://sourceforge.net/p/mailman/patches/273/