[Mailman-Users] What is the difference between welcome.msg and subscribeack.txt

JB jebva at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 20:10:34 EDT 2016

I always thought that the difference was that the acknowledge was sent when a new user requested to subscribe (to acknowledge the request and the new user to verify it) and that the welcome message was sent after the new user completed the subscribe process in its entirety as set up by the list owner.  This is what the names would indicate to me anyway.