[Mailman-Users] What am I missing?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu May 12 16:49:11 EDT 2016

At Thu, 12 May 2016 12:26:20 -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 5/12/16 10:25 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
> > I just installed mailman 2.1.16 on a new (CentOS 6) server and copied the data
> > and configuration data from my old server (CentOS 5) also running mailman
> > 2.1.16.
>

> 6 releases and over 2.5 years old.

Yeah, but it work.  I may upgrade to 2.1.18 or 2.1.20 -- I have the SRPMs from
Fedora 21 and I'll bring them home tonight...

> > The old server is stil the 'production server' and mailman's page is
> > mailman.deepsoft.com. I am trying to test things on the new server but I am
> > having a problem I cannot figure out. I changed the http mailman.conf to have
> > a ServerName of mailman2.deepsoft.com and changed things in the
> > /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py to have the default URL be mailman2.deepsoft.com, but
> > for some (unknown) reason, when I go to mailman2.deepsoft.com in firefox, it
> > redirects to mailman.deepsoft.com. If I use lynx, it properly goes to
> > http://mailman2.deepsoft.com/mailman/listinfo, but displays a bug message.
> > Why? What config file did I miss?

> and got the bug page. so that's one issue. What's in Mailman's error log
> for these?

OK, I discovered it was a file permission issue I chowned the /var/log/mailman
dir to apache:mailman.  I did the same for /var/lib/mailman as well.

list any lists -- they are there and if the lists are manually entered you can
visit them -- it is *acting* like none of the lists are 'advertized'.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933