[Mailman-Users] header field: Sender

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 30 10:14:08 EDT 2016

On 3/30/16 12:46 AM, willi uebelherr wrote:

> But the answer to the first question is not correct. I have some people
> in different mailman maillists with 2 Sender fields. And because my mail
> client Thunderbird use the first then the filter don´t work. I had to
> extend the filterlist with the "Sender" field.

In Mailman 2.1.14 and newer, there is an include_sender_header setting
on each list's General Options page. If that is Yes, Mailman will remove
all Sender: headers from the incoming mail and add its own. If it is No,
Mailman doesn't remove or add Sender: headers. Pre 2.1.14 Mailman always
did removal and addition.

> Maybe, i can also use the field "List-Id". It can work for the same. And
> in all this mails with the double Sender field i see only one List-Id
> fields.

There is also an Errors-To: header and there should always be just
Mailman's.

> Never i have checked other mails for 2 Sender fields. I can do it, if it
> would helpful for you. And if you need the mailman version, i will look
> for.

If Mailman is adding a Sender: header without first removing any
existing ones, I would like to see all the headers from such a message
as sent by Mailman.

> If i should make a bug report, tell me. And, because it is the first
> time for me, give me some tips how i should do it.

Bugs in MM 2.1 should be reported at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug>, but first, just send me
or post here the full message headers from the message as sent by Mailman.