[Mailman-Users] Dreamhost moderator login (also, a couple questions)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 8 10:53:02 EST 2016

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/12812344> ;)

> I just added two users as Moderators, and am now trying to figure out how
> they can log in.

Note that adding addresses to the moderator box in the admin GUI General
Options section only gets notices sent to them. You still have to go to
the Passwords section, set a moderator password and give it to them. See
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030693>.

> The particular need is to add or remove the occasional list subscriber. I
> THINK a Moderator can do this?

No. Only someone authenticating with the list admin password can change
membership. Moderators can only handle requests which are held messages
and subscribes and unsubscribes waiting approval.

> Every source that I've found says that moderator login is at:
>
> http://tld.org/mailman/admindb/list-name
>
> Problem is that the URL for the list I'm running is:
>
> http://lists.1234legsgood.com/admin.cgi/nspda_list-1234legsgood.com
>
> I've tried every way of adding /mailman/  and or /admindb/ to that URL and
> can't make it work.

Have you tried
http://lists.1234legsgood.com/admindb.cgi/nspda_list-1234legsgood.com. I
think that will work, but if not, see where the "Tend to pending
moderator requests" link in the admin GUI goes.