[Mailman-Users] How do I prevent subscribers from sending to -bounces address instead of list address?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 4 22:27:51 EST 2016

On 03/04/2016 07:06 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You can't control what MUA's your user's use. Attempting to educate
> them, at least in most user populations, is futile.

In my zealousness to rant about the clueless, I forgot to mention that
starting with Mailman 2.1.14 There is an include_sender_header setting
(if not disabled by the site admin) which can be set to no to prevent
Mailman from adding a Sender: header with the list-bounces address. This
*shouldn't* affect normal bounces as they *should* be sent to the
envelope sender, not to the Sender: header.