[Mailman-Users] I closed my lost but still get notices

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 1 14:35:28 EST 2016

On 03/01/2016 07:22 AM, paul at tokyoprogressive.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I used to have a list that I closed (I deleted it in Cpanel). I even moved the domain to a different host. But I still get notices at the first of the month about my membership in my own list. I presume others do, and it is annoying, since I have moved the whole list over to a service like MailChimp.
>
> What could be causing this announcement and is there a way to stop it?

This is a cPanel issue. Whatever you did in cPanel may have disabled the
list, but it didn't remove it. Please see
<http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel>

If you still have access to this server and have sufficient access to
run Mailman's bin/ commands, you might be able to use bin/rmlist to
actually remove the list.

Otherwise, you will have to contact the admins of the server.