[Mailman-Users] mailman not respecting /etc/postfix/transport ???

Steve Wehr steve at tunedinweb.com
Wed Jun 22 10:53:14 EDT 2016

I have about 100 mailing lists all using the domain name tunedinweb.com. All
the commands to subscribe, etc, come to something at tunedinweb.com which come
to my server and are processed by mailman.

But I also have real email boxes @tunedinweb.com. Those are hosted off my
server. So in order to make both mailman and my email work I have postfix
configured with tunedinweb.com listed in the mydomains file, but have setup
a transport file to tell postfix to redirect any email for
something at tunedinweb.com to the server where that email is hosted. With
lines in transport that look like this:

steve at tunedinweb.com            smtp:mx.emailsrvr.com

stevew at tunedinweb.com           smtp:mx.emailsrvr.com

This is all working fine.

The issue is that my email address steve at tunedinweb.com is also a member of
see this error message in the postfix log /var/log/maillog:

Jun  6 17:02:08 166941-web1 postfix/smtpd[25836]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.1 <steve at tunedinweb.com>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in local recipient table;
from=<tunedin-temp-bounces+steve=tunedinweb.com at tunedinweb.com>
to=<steve at tunedinweb.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<166941-web1.tunedinweb.com>

So it seems that mailman is not respecting the /etc/postfix transport file
settings. I want mailman to send mail for those addresses specified in the
transport file to the server where that email is hosted.

I must be missing something. Can someone explain what is going wrong.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve Wehr

Tunedin Web Design <http://www.tunedinweb.com/>

845-246-9643