[Mailman-Users] 401 Unauthorized

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 18 16:59:43 EDT 2016

On 06/18/2016 01:31 PM, Billy Humphreys wrote:
> I'm trying to login as list admin; pokeacer at riiconnect24.net and my list
> password, at https://lists.riiconnect24.net/admin AND the link given in
> the email sent. I've also tried root, and site admin stuff (even though
> there's no username for it that I've found). Webserver isn't asking for
> auth; the v-host doesn't even ask.

The authentication requerst you get when you try to access
<https://lists.riiconnect24.net/> or
<https://lists.riiconnect24.net/mailman/admin> or
<https://lists.riiconnect24.net/> comes from the web server. You are not
getting as far as any Mailman login.

You say it isn't the web server, but it is. Why do you think it isn't?
There is either a .htaccess file or a Directory specification in the
Apache config that requires authentication.