[Mailman-Users] mail cron jobs not running

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 17 21:48:30 EDT 2016

On 06/17/2016 06:36 PM, Jason Fayre wrote:

> I administer a server that is running cPanel. The version of Mailman on
> the server is 2.1.20. We're having an issue where the mailman cron jobs
> don't seem to be running. Everything was working until cPanel did a
> reinstall of mailman. Specifically, the daily digests aren't going out.
> Everything in the crontab looks right. We do have one cron job that is
> throwing an error, but that is for root, not the mailman user.
> If I run the senddigest script manually, everything works.
> Any ideas

First of all, output from Mailman's crons (errors) is probably sent to
the mailman user which is actually the mailman site list. You should
ensure that your 'mailman' list has the site admins subscribed and
accepts non-member posts.

You may also wish to set MAILTO= in Mailman's crontab to send that mail
to an admin.

That said, cron writes a log. I'm not sure where the log might be in
cPanel, but maybe /var/log/cron or the 'CRON' entries in /var/log/syslog.