[Mailman-Users] Mailman is not Listserv - was: Our list serv host is threatening to shut us down for spam abuse

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 17 14:34:35 EDT 2016

On 06/17/2016 10:40 AM, Jim Dory wrote:
> I was using the term List-serv as a generic term meaning a mailing list
> people subscribe to in order to receive messages sent by members via
> email.

I understand that and that is exactly the usage I object to. I
understand I'm tilting at windmills and that I've long since lost this
battle, and I'm in no way trying to protect Eric Thomas' trademark, but
it annoys me to see Mailman conflated with Listserv because Listserv is
a proprietary competing product and I think Mailman and its community
are a better alternative.