[Mailman-Users] bounce disabled warning interval settings

Daryl.Weir at lis.state.oh.us Daryl.Weir at lis.state.oh.us
Wed Jun 1 13:44:58 EDT 2016

Hello:

I wondered if I could get recommendations on ideal settings needed for bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings and bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval to achieve the following:

We have a one-way announcement list. A single message is posted once a week every week. We never want to unsubscribe anyone - just disable their subscription. We never want Mailman sending a subscriber the automated message that starts with "Your membership in the mailing list XYZ has been disabled due to excessive bounces..."

When the  bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings option was set at 2000 and the bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval option was set at 30, Mailman sent out the automated message.

The bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval has been increased to 2000.

Obviously there is no way to simulate this to see if the desired result (no automated message) is achieved.

Thoughts on this are most appreciated.

Thanks!