[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to maintain a global Terms of Use / Acceptable Use Policy ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 30 23:14:25 EDT 2016

On 07/30/2016 06:19 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:

> I see General List Information which is specific to the list, but wanting a global page to use for when there are a large number of lists.

If you want something to appear on the listinfo page of every list, you
can make a sitewide edited version of the listinfo.html template. See
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030605>. You can copy
$prefix/templates/en/listinfo.html to
$prefix/templates/site/en/listinfo.html and add your information or add
some javascript or whatever to load it from a URL or file.

Note that this will only work for all lists which don't have a list
specific or domain specific version of the listinfo.html template as
those will override the site template.

E.g., if there is a list specific template created by the list admin
Edit the public HTML pages and text files -> General list information
page function, that will take priority, but if there isn't one and
someone later makes one, the site template will be the starting point.

If you also want to use the %(info)s replacement in msg_header,
msg_footer, digest_header, digest_footer, there is no global place for
that information.

You might consider putting something like

info = """Some multi-line
block of text for info.

And more...
"""

into a file, say /path/to/info.txt and running

#!/bin/bash
for list in `/path/to/mailman/bin/list_lists --bare`; do
    /path/to/mailman/bin/config_list -i /path/to/info.txt $list
done

to set info for all lists.