[Mailman-Users] Yahoo policy on list messages

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 23 11:30:34 EDT 2016

I have received several bounce notices for subscribers of my list with
the following contents:

Action: failed
Final-Recipient:rfc822;ekxxxxxka at yahoo.com
Remote-MTA: dns; mta7.am0.yahoodns.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.  Seehttps://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html

Action: failed
Final-Recipient:rfc822;mail at xxxxx-xxxx.info
Remote-MTA: dns; mxcluster1.one.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 The messages violates the DMARC policy of yahoo.com (eb9fcd83-501a-11e6-b513-b82a72d854f0)

Action: failed
Final-Recipient:rfc822;mxxxxxw at yahoo.de
Remote-MTA: dns; mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.  Seehttps://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html

I asked my provider for help about this, and he wrote back:

"from what I can see from the text files you sent me, it's a matter of
the mailing list configuration.
The sender ( From: ) needs to be set as the mailing list address and not
as the original sender (eg, ekxxxxxka at yahoo.com)
Read here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html

- but all mailing lists I know usually have the original sender's name
in the From-field...

So what am I doing wrong here?

My list runs on the cPanel 56.0.28 version of Mailman 2.1.20

Thank you, Christian
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe für Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org