[Mailman-Users] DMARC problems

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Jul 21 04:03:29 EDT 2016

(catching up on mail)

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > possibly also setting dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action to Yes

If you use the dmarc_* settings, I recommend doing this.

"p=quarantine" is not very common as far as I know, but (1) sites like
GMail[1] do not promote "quarantine" to "safe", so mail *will* end up
in Spam folders, and (2) experience shows that many users ignore their
Spam folders for extended periods.  It's not worth the minor
beautification of the From address to have any mail end up in Spam
folders.

Steve

Footnotes:
[1]  Which takes "reject" as advice rather than a command, and often
promotes From mismatches to the Spam folder rather than simply
deleting them, based on lack of spam-like or phishing content.