[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mail Delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 14 18:51:11 EDT 2016

On 07/14/2016 04:49 AM, Gines Granados Bayona wrote:
> I have two users , one local  and one external
> The two are different in multiple subdomain, one of them a local subdomain
> example.
> rancid.email.company.com email.company.com
>

> In local in this case would be rancid.email.company.com, have registered
> this machine with this name and have made the installation mailman with
> postfix, and have observed the log, it tries to send email both local and
> external  domain account but do not get sent email.
>
> User ginesgb  is a user of an external server email.company.com and the
> other user is local.

You have to teach Postfix on rancid.email.company.com to relay mail for
users not local on rancid.email.company.com to email.company.com. This
is a Postfix configuration issue beyond the scope of this list.

Alternatively, You can tell Mailman to deliver all outgoing mail to the
Postfix on email.company.com by setting

SMTPHOST = 'email.company.com'

in mm_cfg.py on the Mailman host.

One other thing is in the postconf -n you sent in the post I rejected
because of it's disclaimer language, you show

recipient_delimiter = -

There are various things in Mailman that want

recipient_delimiter = +

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html> and
<https://wiki.list.org/x/8683535>.