[Mailman-Users] mailman and yahoo

Manuel Goepfert manuel at escapade.ch
Sat Jul 9 04:24:28 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I’m facing since a few weeks if not even more some issue when a registered user using yahoo.com email address sends an email to one of the list that mailman manages.

As the list is configured to send emails on behalf of the user to the members of the list, this triggers some anti spam mecanism that puts the message in the spam folders of the different recipients even worth, the email is rejected by some mail servers. The consequence is that the email addresses get at the end removed from the list because of bounces as the origin email address @yahoo.com is not legitimately sent from a yahoo email server.

Looking at some documentation I found out that this was a known problem and that it was addressed in on e of the mailman version. So I upgraded to 2.1.18 that included that fix but I?m still facing this problem.

Do you guys have the same issue and if yes are you able to mitigate it in any way ?

I do have spf,dkim and dmark in place for the domain used to send emails.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Manu