[Mailman-Users] Users complain, they don't receive mails from the list

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jan 25 17:43:09 EST 2016

At Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:59:47 +0100 Sascha Rissel <mailman at rissel.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some user on my lists, who complain they don't receive the list
> mails anymore, since a few days.
>
> Am am running Mailman 2.1.15 on Debian.
> The error log is empty, the archive seems to correctly contain all recent
> mails.
> The people saying, they don't receive the mails are on GMail and German
> Web.de hosts and they don't have bounces logged by Mailman.

Are these messages that these people have posted themselves ("I don't see the
message *I* posted...")?  If so, this is 'normal' for GMail.  GMail 'hides'
messages users post on E-Mail lists.

Otherwise you need to check your SMTP logs (/var/log/mailman/smtp and/or
/var/log/maillog).

The only other thought is for the users to check their SPAM folders.  It is
also possible that your server has somehow been added to a SPAMCOP type
blacklist.

> Can you help me with this?
> Are there any means, how I can analyse this issue?
>
> Kind regards,
> Sascha.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933