[Mailman-Users] MacOS 10.6 ->OS X Server 5.x (=10.11.x)

Matthias Schmidt beta at admilon.net
Sun Jan 24 02:00:52 EST 2016

Hello,
I’m currently running a 10.6.8 Server installation with a couple of mailman 2.x mailing lists („Apple’s mailman“ + virtual domains).
Works great :-)

since iOS9 and MacOS 10.11 were published some things are not working anymore via SSL (WebDAV etc) anymore.
So I’m thinking about updating the box.

The current version of OS X Server 5 doesn’t ship with mailman anymore.
Therefore I was thinking to upgrade mailman to v3.
Did anybody upgrade mailman from v2 (apple) to version 3 in connection with an OS update?
If so, how did it go and what’s best practice?
(I did google before, but no results showed up - sorry, if that has been discussed before and I couldn’t find it)

thanks and cheers
Matthias