[Mailman-Users] IOError reading list extension: [Errno 20] Not a directory

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 16 17:07:09 EST 2016

On 01/15/2016 08:13 AM, Web Analysts wrote:
> My mail server is delivering a post to mailman but it is not being
> distributed. The mailman error log shows
>

> IOError reading list extension: [Errno 20] Not a directory:
> '/usr/lib/mailman/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox/extend.py'

This is strange. Please post the full traceback, not just the error message.

MailList should not ever be looking for
'/usr/lib/mailman/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox/extend.py'.
It only looks in the listname directory in the lists/ directory defined
in Defaults.py by LIST_DATA_DIR which in turn is $prefix/lists. I.e.it
should only be looking for '/usr/lib/mailman/lists/listname/extend.py'
which normally won't exist.

Have you set LIST_DATA_DIR in Mailman/mm_cfg.py or made any changes to
PREFIX, VAR_PREFIX or LIST_DATA_DIR in Mailman/Defaults.py or made any
changes to Mailman/Site.py?