[Mailman-Users] Encoding problem with 2.15 to 2.18 upgrade with Finnish

Eva Isaksson eisaksso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:40:20 EST 2016

On 01/07/2016 11:44 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I think simply re-entering the description and saving changes will fix
> this, but you should probably go through the entire web admin UI and do
> the same for any other non-ascii strings.

Am I right in thinking that this option would mean choosing the debian utf-8
alternative? We have some 750 lists, so checking all of them would have to
happen outside the web admin UI, i.e. from command line.

> You could install Mailman from source. See the FAQ at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/17891606> for info.

Does this allow for keeping all the settings and passwords from the old
package
installation intact? The number of lists is so big that I want to be on the
safe
side.

- Eva Isaksson