[Mailman-Users] transport-mailman and virtual-mailman not updated with new list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 6 15:10:48 EST 2016

On 01/05/2016 11:30 AM, Eggert Ehmke wrote:

> I have added some new lists. The transport-mailman and virtual-mailman files in
> the data directory still only contain the old list. What must be done to
> update them? bin/genaliases does not do it.

I am guessing at one time you followed the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/10715238>

You need to verify all of the following.

1) Mailman/mm_cfg.py includes
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/path/to/data/virtual_to_transport'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = [...]

where '/path/to/data/virtual_to_transport' is the actual path to the
virtual_to_transport file ant the value of POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
is a list of the host names (email hosts) of the lists to which this
process applies. In particular, if the new lists are in a new domain,
that domain needs to be added to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS.

2) /path/to/data/virtual_to_transport exists and has content, group and
mode as in items 3) and 4) of the FAQ.